The library of the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK-IRPA) is devoted to art history and Belgian material heritage. It also contains information on conservation-restoration and chemical, physical and material-technical research into works of art. Art historians, heritage professionals, researchers or enthusiasts, everyone is welcome!
What makes the library so unique?
- More than 60,000 monographs, exhibition and auction catalogues, and other documents; over 2,500 periodicals.
- Freely consultable.
- Constantly growing thanks to acquisitions, donations and exchange publications with partner institutes in Belgium and abroad.
- A special focus on Belgian art history, heritage science and conservation-restoration.
- More than 6,000 works and documents on the Flemish Primitives. You can consult them by appointment in the reading room of the Centre for the Study of the Flemish Primitives.
Available in the reading room
- Photocopiers and scanners.
- Access to the online catalogue via BALaT.
- Access to online sources.
- Works can only be viewed on-site and cannot be borrowed.
Do you have any questions or want more information? Please contact us!
You are welcome to use the library reading room from Tuesday to Friday from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Contact and search assistance
Phone: +32 (0)2 739 67 54
Rules for visitors of the Information Centre
Check the Information Centre's rules and regulations.
Are you looking for specific information about the Flemish Primitives?
Visit our Centre for the Study of the Flemish Primitives! By appointment only (by e-mail to infoXV@kikirpa.be).